Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cya in two years!

I must say that this is really hard for me. It just so crazy that this is finally here! Later tonight I will be set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is just so exciting and terrifying all at once. I've said it before in past posts on here, but I do truly want to thank all of you that have been a great influence in my life. I will try my best to be one of the greatest missionaries out there and its all your fault that I turned out like this =^)

The Lord has blessed me greatly to have you as my friends and family. I totally believe in paying it forward and that is what I will try to do while I'm on my mission. I want to try and reach people. I don't know how great I will be at doing it, but I will try my best to get it done right. I feel the love of my Heavenly Father so much right now. It all started after I finished my talk on Sunday. I know that he is proud of what I have chosen to do and that I will be blessed by going out to serve. Of course there are those moments where I wonder if I really should go, and I get my doubts, but I know that this is what I need to do. I made that commitment back in Primary that I wanted to serve a mission like my dad and my uncles. The fear and anxiety will soon pass with time and it will be something of great worth. Keep your commitments. When you accomplish something that you set out to do and see the results from that it is such a great feeling. At least that is how it has been for me. Heavenly Father will see that you want to be reliable and dependable to people and that warm comforting feeling you have inside of you is him letting you know that he is proud of you and loves you. I always want to make him proud of me and what I want to accomplish in this life. Its been for me one of the only ways I show gratitude for what he has blessed me with. Your wants and needs will come in time. If you set your goal to serve a mission and it does literally put your life on hold don't stress about it. You may miss out on things you wanted to do, but other and the majority of the time greater things will come into your life once you get back. Always put the Lord first in your life and many wonderful things will be brought before you. I have seen that happen in my life many times and some of you that are reading this are those wonderful blessings that were brought into my life. Thank you so much again for all you have done for me. I love you all so much and I love the fact that I will be spending the next 2 years loving those that I serve and trying to bring people into the Gospel to enjoy the love of our Savior and Redeemer who gave his life for us. I love him with all my heart and I know that he loves you. He loves more than most can comprehend. He is my Savior and he can be for you if you will turn to him and run into his open arms.

I love you guys!

Elder Jordan R Colton.