Today I went to my buddy Mike Thorne's Homecoming and that was way cool. His testimony became so strong while he was out serving. While he was speaking, the Spirit reassured me that this is what I need to do now in my life. He made a very bold statement that I want to emphasize here. Any young man that has otherwise been told by their Bishop that they are unworthy, or have been told not to go has been called to the work. If you pray with pure intent asking if this is what you need to do you will know that this is your obligation to the Lord and is what you have to do at this time. I was glad that Mike said that and I echo his words. This is the Lord's work and I feel so blessed to finally have the opportunity to go out and serve.
This week I had the chance to go do some yard work for my Great-Grandma Hendrix. She is 91 years young. She is sharp as a tack and loves her family so much. Papa is her oldest child. My mom is his oldest child and I am the oldest in my family. Grandma won't be able to come down to my farewell, its too uncomfortable for her to sit in the car for long periods of time, as well as on a church bench. So I wanted to make sure to see her before I left. I have many memories of coming to her house when I was a little boy for Thanksgiving dinners and Easter Egg hunts. She has always been interested in my life and has encouraged me to do well. I love to hear her laugh. She has always watched out her front window and waved to us when we drove away back home. That will always be a sweet memory for me. I am thankful for her love and her support.
Thanks everyone for all that you do and this will be one of the last posts I'll make before I head into the MTC. I put in my links a Dear Elder link which actually lets you send letters to the MTC for free (wink wink) so write me up while I'm there. It'll save you as stamp if you go that route. As far as I know I will be there for 3 weeks, but possibly 4, once I know I'll be sure to post it here. Love you all!
