
Dear Mom,
It's December!!! It sure came up quick. I was thinking back to when I was in the MTC and it felt like Christmas would be forever away. Now it is almost here.
The rolls turned out great! I didn't know that they had Rhodes Rolls here, but they did at Wal-Mart. I showed Sister Kinney how to make them and they were a hit. They said that they would want to make them every year now as a tradition. I did get your cookbook and thanks so much for it. I have been craving your cookies. I think I might convince a member to let me use their kitchen and bake them.
You asked me one thing that I learned this past week. Well one thing I learned is that I'm not the only one that goes a little crazy when things don't always go the way that you'd like them to. We had an exchange with the Zone leaders. I was with Elder Taysom, who is from Idaho. We talked a lot about how we both get a little stressed out when people cancel for appointments. As well as when we don't get to do what we planned to. We just have to realize that it happens and to move on. It was good to know that even he as a Zone leader can feel the same way that I do. That it happens to everyone and not just me. It reassured me that I'm ok and that I am doing the best that I can right now. That is all that the Lord asks of me.
I got a few letters this week from: The Church's, The Hobush's and Aubrey Ashdown. Aubrey told me that she really enjoys your lessons in Relief Society and thinks that you are an amazing teacher. She looks forward to when you teach. And she really appreciated it when Christian went over to give her the sacrament. She thought he was so polite:) All of us Coltons are. It was nice to hear from all of them and to know that they are doing well.
Elder Severson leaves this week and he is really excited about it. I honestly don't think that we will get a lot of missionary work done this week. He will be packing and saying goodbye to a lot of people in the ward. Sometimes I get worried with changes. I know that the Lord is watching over me and that it'll be ok. There is a the possibility that I will be made a senior companion,ahh!! I find out all of that stuff tomorrow.
I love you and I'll write again next week,
Elder Colton
My Favorite Parmesan Crusted Rolls(aka Magelby's Rolls)
Texas size rolls (1 bag Frozen Rhode's bake and serve)
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 . parsley flakes
1/2 C. melted butter
pinch of garlic powder
Directions:
Mix Parmesan cheese,garlic and parsley. When bread has thawed about 1 hour, dip rolls in melted butter and roll in cheese mixture. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Let rise again. Bake 20 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.
