Hey Mom,
It is crazy how fast this month has flown by! It doesn't feel like winter here, it has only rained a little bit. Today it feels like its around 60.
We have been talking to a lot of people; about 8 per day on average sharing the Gospel. We are hoping that we will see some results soon. We are teaching a few families. They are way cool and have been nice whenever we have come over. The father of one family has started to get interested in the church again. He hasn't been too active for the past few years. The other night he called us late with some questions and was wondering about some scriptures. We pray that things continue to go in the right direction for him, so that he can one day baptize his son (who is 2) and be with his family forever. We also had a cottage meeting over at the Major's home with two other families. It was very good. We watched the Christmas Devotional and then shared Christmas stories. It really brought the spirit of Christmas in for us.
One other family that we saw this week were the Lawrence family. They have a little girl named Laurel who has Down Syndrome, and she is about 16 months old. She really made me miss Brynley!! It touched my heard whenever Laurel looked at me. It reminded me of how Brynley can look inside of you and talk to your spirit. I felt Laurel talking to my spirit. She knew who I was. Her beautiful eyes made me appreciate the knowledge of the gospel that we have. Especially knowing that these children are choice spirits of our Heavenly Father.
My new companion Elder Fairbanks and I are getting to know each other better. We are the same age, he has been out one transfer longer than i have. He is from Canada. We have had some good talks.
That is fantastic that Steve is out and ready to go! I'm sure that Seth is probably having the same problem that we are. We are just trying to find people to teach and that seems to be a never ending process for us. Hopefully things will start to get better. We are trying to involve the ward as much as possible.
That is awesome they have announced another temple! I too wonder about who the next apostle will be. It would be interesting if it was President Hinckley's son. I know that your prayers and everyone elses help me a lot. I thank you so much and I love you with all of my heart. Thank you for always being there for me and being my best friend. I love you,
Elder Colton
