
(the view back home in Utah)
Wow that is crazy that it snowed. It is starting to get colder around here too. We turned on the furnace this morning for the first time. Elder Severson has been feeling sick and has a cold. I gave him some of my Vitamin C. I think that will help him get over the cold quicker.
I am thankful to hear that the transplant was successful for Papa. And its awesome how everything has gone so well for Greg too. I got a letter from Papa on Friday telling me that he was going into surgery that day. I've prayed for him that he would be able to recover well, and its good to hear that he is. It's a blessing that he is getting color back. I really hope that there isn't any rejection or infection. (Elder Colton's grandfather received a kidney from his son Greg last week.) I hope that you guys enjoy your break. It is fall break here too for some of the kids.
This week has been busy. We went to Dr. Kinney's office and he checked out our eyes for free. (he is the high priest group leader) and it was good to get a check-up. Then we met with an investigator. He is a really nice guy, but has told missionaries before that he is not investigating the church. He just likes to have us come over. Kind of like an investigator in my last area. Oh I got to use my tile laying and cutting skills this week. Brother Dawson our ward mission leader is re-doing his house and he was laying tile in the bathroom. I was able to help him. Thanks dad for the experience with that :) We are still trying to get in contact with our investigator who had a baptismal date for this weekend. He has been out of town. We had to push the date back to the 1st of November. We will be trying to see him again this week. He has been remodeling his house and we have offered to help him, but he hasn't taken us up on it yet.
One other thing. This morning Elder Severson got a call from the mission office saying that his date to go home has been bumped up. He is now going home on the 5th of December. President Hobbs will be going to a Mission President conference the next week, so they are pushing transfers back a week. Makes me kind of sad because he is an awesome companion. We ate with the couple who got married last week. He is such an outgoing and cool guy. His wife is friendly and they love to feed us and talk with us. It will be so awesome to see him get baptized. Well that is about it for this week. Nothing else too exciting has happened. Just a lot of work and also just chugging along each day. I love you guys and hope that things are still going well for all of you :)
Love Elder Colton
