Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!

I hope you had a great birthday and you know I love you and appreciate your example to me. I'm sure you loved mom's famous banana cream pie.
Yeah General Conference was great! I was able to watch all of the sessions. It is set up like our church buildings back home. I'm looking forward getting the next Ensign so I can read up on the talks and study. I felt a lot of the talks were centered on my concerns, I was thankful to listen to the counsel of our leaders.
Yeah it is so green here, a lot like when we were in Pennsylvania. I love it, its such an amazing thing to see when we are out driving around. So many shades of green, not like Utah. We are FULL car in this area(hooray!) and it really is the only way that we can effectively get around. Our ward and mission boundaries are all of Rockingham County. It would just be too much to try and bike to places. No one else yet has asked to be baptized, but we did see a couple married this past week. He has been going to church for almost 2 years. He should be a quick one to teach the lessons to and get baptized now that he is married. That was the onething that was holding them back. They had their ceremony in the Magistrates office. Elder Severson and I were some of the witnesses. We have dinner at their house tomorrow so we will be asking about teaching him and setting a date to be baptized. Cool stuff! Well that is my update for now.
I love the Gospel, and am so thankful to be serving a mission!
Love, Elder Colton