Friday, November 14, 2008


Dear Family,

Yes I was glad that Veteran's Day is tomorrow so we could come and email. Tomorrow the kids have school off and we are going to have two priests from our ward come with us. They are really cool guys and are way excited to come out and do missionary work. We are going to go take them tracting with us and let them see what its like. I wish that I had the opportunity to do that before I left. But its different in Utah since there are so many members there and the missionaries have to cover a lot more ground.
Its starting to get a lot colder now. It was up in the 70s or something like that last week and this morning it was about 40. Since its all humid and stuff, it makes it feel a lot colder. Makes me miss the Utah cold.
I'm glad to hear that Papa is coming home. I have been praying for him and glad that you got the letter so you can give it to him. Wow, that is awesome that they found out what the problem was and that the kidney is waking up.
There are so many leaves falling here its just crazy. I'll have to remember to bring my camera with me when we go out this week. Then I can show you all of the amazing trees. It looks so beautiful with the many different fall colors. I wish that they would just stay and not fall to the ground. I'm not the biggest winter fan.
Yeah we heard about Obama the next day. Sister Dawson stayed up that night and called to let us know. We also heard about the protesters.
I like that quote that you sent. It is positive and brings a lot of comfort. Robert D. Hales always has had a great way with words. Its nice to know that as we do what the Lord asks us, we will be protected and have nothing to worry about.
No really big things but we continue to press forward and work hard. 3 weeks and Elder Severson goes home...then we will see if I'm going to be doing anything new. Severson and a Sister in the ward think that I'll be training this next transfer, time will tell on that one! We need to get going and go shopping :) Love ya!

Elder Colton