Here is the latest news from Elder Colton:
I did get my travel plans. I will be leaving on a week from this Wednesday May 14th. We have to be up by 5 and then we will be flying out around 7ish I think. We have a layover in Cincinnati Ohio and then we fly from there to Charlotte. That does get me a little excited and that this is a reality for me. I really know I couldn't be doing this without the support and love from everyone that has written me. It helps me so much.
We are working on the 2nd lesson this week, which is the Plan of Salvation. I already have my outline finished for it, I'm just scared to actually have to go through it and try to teach it. But I'm remembering that it just needs to be simple and that finding scriptures and that kind of thing will come in time. That is one thing i just really need to work on and that is that I'm on the Lord's time all of this stuff and not mine. I know that I can do this.
I had the most sincere prayer last night telling Heavenly Father how hard this has been for me and that I cannot accomplish this without the Lord's help. I just have to keep remembering that and that I will be able to do this. Thank you so much for helping me and for giving me support when I need it. I'm so glad to have the letters from home to read over and over again to keep me excited and to help me to feel good.
A lot of my days are just spent in class. I haven't found anyone really that Ive been able to reach and talk to. I honestly feel its more for the other missionaries for them to gain confidence in talking with people and I did that a lot working at Bronson. The TRC (Teaching Resource Center) is what is really hard. I mean it does help to get things figured out and all of that, but it still makes me way nervous and I feel like I'm sweating like a pig under my suit.
We sing a lot here and I really don't like the singing that we do in class. When its devotionals and that kind of thing it reminds me of Conference and its no big deal. I don't know if I'll be singing as much when I'm out in the field. I'm sure we will in Zone Conferences and that kind of thing, but hopefully not with just me and my companion. That is really all that we do. We still go to the Referal Center (RC) which isn't too bad. I just keep going through each day and that is all that I can do.
I love you all so much and thank you so much for all of your letters and all that you do for me. Yes I miss you and it is an adjustment but it will all be for the better. This is going to make things so much better for my life and I just have to take things as they come. I look forward to your letters. I love you all and I'll write you again next week.
Love,
Elder Colton
