Here is a snippet from Elder Colton's last letter:
I really can feel all the prayers offered in my behalf. There have been a few times when I could have been in danger and been protected. I want to share was something that happened on Saturday. We went back to see a guy who had asked to see us 2 Monday's ago. He is a minister of sorts. He went to school to study the Bible. We had seen him Thursday of this past week. Our visit ended quickly because we had another appointment to get to. We felt bad that we had left him before we had answered his questions. So we called him back the next day and set up an appointment to see him on Saturday.When we got to the appointment he had a bunch of notes with scriptures laid out to use to try and convince us that we were wrong. He told us that we don't understand at all the Gift that Christ gave us by offering his life. He said that he never felt pressure or felt that he had to try and be better because he was already saved by Christ. He asked me "Don't you want that? It makes it so easy." I bore my testimony to him of the Savior and of the truthfulness of the Gospel. He had already made up his mind that our message wasn't for him. As I was getting my things together in preparation to leave, the Spirit whispered to me "Jordan, you're doing the right thing". That was all I needed. It was such a strength to reassure me that the Lord is with me. Elder Brown said afterwards he could tell that he had spent a lot of time at Anti-Mormon websites. We don't think we will be seeing him again. He just wants to bash with us.
I don't know the scriptures as well as I think I should, but I have the spirit with me and a testimony. I am thankful for the experiences I have had in my life that have confirmed to me that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He provided a way for me to return to him. He wants me to be like him, and I am working towards that goal. He will make up the difference in any area that I lack.
We are having a special fast in our ward this Sunday for the missionary effort. It would be great if you could also remember this in your fast too.
